Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kid Friendly Friday- Tooth Fairy Pillow (handmade rendition)

I know you all are thinking "what the heck am I looking at this little pillow for" well a good explanation, is even with my lack of sewing skills, and I mean it took me more than an hour to sew this little thing, but heres the deal, my little Lu has lost 2 teeth in 2 months, and I am sure there is no sign of that stopping anytime soon, I could went out and probably bought this cheaper, or saved the hassle but I wanted it to be "special" from me and made from the heart. As you can see there is a small pocket in the front for those little lost teeth. I made it last night while she was sleeping, showed it to her this morning when she woke up, and the most satisfying part was watching her hug it tightly sitting on the couch while we had "story time" before bed, and she made sure she went to bed with it :) ... oh it was worth the hour or more!!!

For more Kid Friendly post check out Sarah at I blame my
Mother.
you can also see this at We Made it! Friday showcase.

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute and looks so easy to make... I need to get crackin' on one of these for Emily. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pillow! I just started a blog to share Tooth Fairy Stories. There aren't many stories yet but feel free to make a post. http://www.toothfairyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Tooth Pillow. My Mom made mine and it did make it a lot more special to me. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE that!!! I have three sets of teeth to make it through, we might need to make some of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember to save it...she will want to keep it when she is grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! I'm going to have to make one, too, and I'm sure it will take me just as long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! This will be one of the keepsakes that she'll remember forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea, it looks very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabric! Much better than my dollar store find.

    ReplyDelete