Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kids in The Kitchen- Reeces Peanut Butter Hay Stacks!



Goodmorning everyone! This week has been awful busy for us ... and even though its rained everyday for a week we have still managed to keep on the go! Got to love the summer! I never knew there were so many indoor activities you could do ... The things that happen when you get creative! :)
So I went Easy for this weeks Kids in The Kitchen, with our no-bake reeces peanut butter haystacks, ok anything with chocolate and peanut butter in them you know is DELISH! And Lu had a blast eating, I mean making them! Lets get started!

No Bake Cookies- Reeces Peanut Butter Hay Stacks!
This is what you'll need ... 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of milk choc. morsels, and 1 and 1/4 cup of chow mein noodles (can be found in the international food section of any grocery store.)

You'll need to measure and pour the morsels, and by the time Lu got done picking at them, we has a little less than a cup :) Place in microwave for 1 min.
mix the peanut butter in AFTER choc is melted. Lu did love the spoon! I actually have a picture of her eating off it several times, I dont know why I didn't put it on here, shame on me! Measure out the noodles, and then pour then into the choc/peanut butter mixture, and lightly stir, or fold in. I wish people could actually see her in action when she is doing this stuff, it is quite hilarious sometimes, and I don't post the "blooper" pictures, but I should, she is a "big" girl now and INSIST that I let her do EVERY part, no matter if at the end you could lick the counter top because they taste so good, just like reeces. Anyhow, the next step is obvious place them on some prachment paper, and the recommened time is 2 hr chill in the fridge, which we never follow because we are to anxious to eat, so 15 mins in the freezer works just fine!
Don't they look delsih?? YUM (this is before they are chilled)
My big girl even washes the dishes ..... Oh I think this is the reason we really have kids LOL!
As always, grab a button and join in, get your Kids in the Kitchen and have fun, it could be anything from kid friendly recipes, no bake items, baked items, dinner, lunch, hey it could be play dough you can eat ... lets have some fun, our kids will only be little for so long!!!
Again, Please dont forget to link your page in my comment section, and last week I tried something new take a look, at the end of the evening I linked everyone's page to the bottom of mine so that everyone can easily click and go straight to the people's pages that have participated, I am giving Mr. Linky a rest and doing it my way for a little while. Thanks for paricipating!!!
Christina - Quesdillas
Brandy - Jellyrolls
Holly - Key Lime Pie
I Don't know what happened but the link think wouldn't work right, so thats why the last one's (cabbages and kings) link is so long, but she made Eggs withe her kidddies.

11 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would have never ever thought of putting chow mein noodles in there! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids and I used to make these when they were younger. I don't know why we still don't. It could be because my daughter has gotten so picky. My son and I will make a batch! lol
    I'm your newest follower! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these but haven't tried putting PB in there - that would be SO much better!

    Here's my link:
    http://iblamemom.blogspot.com/2009/07/kids-in-kitchen-on-lawn-making-butter.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's our contribution for the week!

    http://christinaruhlig.blogspot.com/2009/07/kids-in-kitchen-quesadillas.html

    And those haystacks look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's our Jellyrolls!

    http://adventuresofaflake.blogspot.com/2009/07/jj-kitk-ttt.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! We're going to have to try that...

    Here's our key lime pie: http://motherisnotconcerned.blogspot.com/2009/07/macilent-carrot-discerped-vegetarian.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE peanut butter and those are making me drool! Wow!!! We are soooo making these. Looks like a lot of fun too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower here- Just came across your blog and I absolutely love it! I adore the Kids in the Kitchen idea- I cook with my 3-year old all the time! Looking forward to seeing more-
    :) Janice
    http://canItasteitnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys had alot of fun, Im gonna have to try those too, they look realy good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just ended up here after visiting Bran Flakes. I'm following you now. These look delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete