Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kid Friendly Friday- Shaving Cream Art

Wow! Is it Friday already? I always love to participate on Kid Friendly Fridays because I also get such good ideas from other bloggers!
This week Lu and I did shaving cream art work, which was featured in Family Fun magazine, which I love love love that magazine! It was so much fun to do, and really fun to watch Lu come up with a masterpiece!
You'll just need shaving cream, food coloring, a cookie sheet, paper, and toothpicks (I used a kabob stick bc we didn't have toothpicks)

I absolutley think this picture is adorable! Caught WHITE handed LOL!
The food coloring part was a bit messy, we washed our hands a good 5 times atleast!
I think swirling it was her favorite part, she loved mixing and matching colors and seeing what she could come up with!

And here is her work of art!!! Isnt it beatiful! I think shaving cream and kids go hand in hand, next time I will just put it all over the table minus the food coloring and let her have at it! I've heard it cleans real well!!?


For more Kid Friendly Stuff jump on over to Sarah's page at I Blame My Mother.
And We Made it Fridays Showcase at Ramblings of a Crazy Woman.

10 comments:

  1. I love this! One of Lexi's favorite things to do is playing with shaving cream on the art easel outside. The colors and making prints add even more to love. Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I was thinking of trying something like this with my girls... looks like Lu had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really cute, I might have the kiddos do it when they wake up from nap today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't done shaving cream yet and I really got to get on the ball!! How FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes great wrapping paper too. We did some ( a lot ) last summer and made wrapping paper for Christmas. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this in the magazine as well. We'll be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the best part is, if you allow them to paint on the table, it cleans it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done it with food coloring, I might have to try that. Of course adding the food coloring means I can't do it straight on the table and use it to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea, my youngest will love that. Shaving cream is always a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the idea of mixing it with food coloring- I'll have to do that soon! We "shaving cream" (yes, to me, it's a verb!) the tables often in my kindergarten class. After doodling and writing in it, it eventually dissolves and the kids just wipe off the residue with baby wipes.

    ReplyDelete