Thursday, May 7, 2009

Things I love Thursday


I am back again this thursday for more of things I love hosted by The Diaper Diaries, head on over to join the fun and check out what other people are loving this week!
I'll tell you this much I am not loving the migraine I have today! Holy Moly I've been up the entire night, trying to figure out why I can't get rid of such an awful headache! Any tips on how to get rid of it??? I'd love to know!
So... on to whats really important, what I am loving this week! PAINT yes, I know what a strange thing! But I am happy that you can transform anything with it! Just take a look at my post earlier this week here, I can finally not have to put in the whole url and just one word thanks to Whitney, u would have to have read the artical b4 it was updated, I didn't know how to just write here it was the entire url and looked tacky. Back to the topic at hand, the project cost me 12 bucks and some change!! Then I started thinking, what I've painted .. I remembered this BIG, BOLD, BEATIFUL scroll clock above the buffet in my dinning room, use to be an aray of weird colors, found at the flea market for a mere $5 dollars, now painted black, and on each side of the clock, sits 2 nice candle holding sconces that use to be silver, and truly didnt match the house, so they are transformed to black as well... and makes for a beatiful wall piece, then upon further thinking, looking down below the clock sits the buffet, and on the buffet are picture frames, most of them from the dollar store, all painted black (can you tell I like black? Its the color scheme of my house black, red, and taupe/or tan whatever) more investigation led me to Lu's room, and there sits her beatiful white dresser, with pink knobs, and beatiful oval mirror above, but thats right, they didn't come this way .. the mirror purchased at Salvation army for $8 bucks (which I thought was a great deal considering how large it is) was also an aray of colors, chipped and rather old looking, the dresser was a nasty cream color with weird white knobs, also was a steal at $20 bucks on craigslist. Then volia 2 coats of white paint for both dresser and mirrior, pop on some pink knobs and you got a cute girls dresser w/ mirror. I'm sure if I keep walking around the house, I will find more things that have been painted with love!! But for now... I love PAINT.

4 comments:

  1. First, I'm going to try to explain how to link without having the entire URL on your post. Write what you want it to say, for example, you'd write "you can see it here." Then, highlight the "here" and click on globe looking icon right beside where you'd change your text color. It will pop up with a space to put your URL, paste it in, hit OK, and voila! Is that clear as mud? I hope that helps.

    I also love paint. I spray painted some old picture frames to keep from buying new ones. I think you did a great job on the table, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared of paint!! LOL. I spray paint everything I own black! That's one of our main colors in our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee & end table look great! Good Job, yeah paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tables look great. I love how paint can turn crap into beautiful pieces!!

    ReplyDelete