Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Breakfast cookies

Last night I wasn't planning on baking anything, It wasn't Wednesday and I wasn't prepared, but after dinner I heard a man voice say "honey I miss your baking" which in man terms means, "Honey I'm to Lazy to go to the store and get something sweet, could you bake me something?" LOL... And So I made oatmeal cookies, but in the process I remembered there was a recipe I had in Laney's new cookbook for breakfast cookies, and I wanted to see how she would like them (how could she not, after all they are in some sort of fashion a cookie)
They were a huge hit! I wanted to share the recipe.
Breakfast Cookies:
Ingredients -
non stick cooking spray
1/2 c. butter (softened)
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup white whole flour
3 c. multigrain caral flakes w blueberries.


I didn't have multigrain flake w bluebarries, bc I didn't know I was going to make them, so I tossed in raisins and the cereal we have on hand, they turned out good! and this morning her teacher said "Laney are you eating a cookie" and pointing at me she said, "my mom says these are special cookies you can eat for breakfast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment