Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lu in the Kitchen- Chocolate Whoopie pies with Peanut butter filling

In the Kitchen with Lu - Chocolate whoopie pies with peanut butter filling ..... YUM YUM Laney Loves to do the mixing, and I like for her to do it to, this allows me to snap some cute pics!
Never fails, she always licks the mixing thingies ... she lets me have one quick lick, if I want anymore she tells me to lick the bowl .. LOL

All cooled off and ready for the filling, this recipe took more steps than what I usually make with Lu, and by mid point she was itching to go outside and ride the scooter.



After cooling the peanut butter cream filling goes on one side and sandwhich with another cookie!
Don't they look delish? Here the How to..
for the cookies you'll need:
1/2 cup Shortening
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks (just disregard the white they wont be needed
2 cups flour
5 tbsp coco (unsweetened)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
preheat oven to 350
Mix together the shortening, sugar, and yolks.. set aside
In seperate bowl, sift together
flour, coco, baking soda, and salt .. add to the shortening mixture gradually, alternating with mixing in milk as well. Then add the Vanillia.
bake for 10-12 mins and LET COOL
Filling:
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
milk (enough to make mixture creamy)
Mix together first 3 items and gradually pour in milk until a cream consistancy forms.
AFER cookies have COOLED completley spread cream mixture on one half of cookie, and sandwhich it wit another.
We wrapped each one individually with seran wrap and froze for 30 mins, helps keep everything together and is a nice TREAT!
Warning: the cookies are soft be careful when spreading cream mixture on, and they are VERY RICH IN FLAVOR!



2 comments:

  1. Yum, and what a fun thing to make with the kids. My little guy loves to help me cook. I've never made these before, I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm a sucker for all things PB. I finally made banana bread with my middle child today. She loved cooking!

    ReplyDelete