Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Advent Calendar

I would seriously like to know if I am the only mom in the world that goes into the store so unprepared that its ridculous? I searched for 2 full days for cute Advent calender ideas on the internet, picked out my favorite 3 and wrote down everything I needed, and of course the reason I chose 3 so that the store didn't have 1 or more of the items that I needed for that particular one that I could just move on to the next one on my list... Well between the 3 stores only 1 off my list had "everything" I need for that particular advent calendar but it didn't look as great in person as I had hoped :( so back to square 1! This idea just came to me OUT OF NOWHERE, I haven't seen it before I just saw some items here and there and pulled it off :) and for less than $10 ... and this one does LOOK SO MUCH CUTER in person! I bought 2 pks of gift tags from the dollar tree (the gift tags that almost look like a mini card and have a ribbon/string for tieing to the present) then BACK to target I went where I found a wreath for $5.99 and I had a vision .... isn't it great? I wrote our activites on each one, numbered, and tied it to the wreath. SO SIMPLE ... SO INEXPENSIVE!

Our activites include alot of local events, Christmas movie night, drive around looking at lights, go to the park, read a Christmas book, go to the library, make a gingerbread house, make cookies, holiday craft day, bake, make dinner as a family, drink hot coco on the porch, have a frosty from Wendy's, play dress up, tea party ... ect ect... you get the point right?
Hope you like it! Did you make an Advent this year? I would like to know what they all look like please share!

I am linked up to :

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! We just moved last week so we haven't had a chance to make an Advent calendar. We actually haven't had a chance to do much of anything but organize our new home. I'm itching to do some Christmas crafts and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, This turned out so great! I love how you came up with something that works for you without having to break the bank to make it! It is very creative and fun! Happy Holidays and enjoy each of your Christmas Advent activities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! Such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I love when crafts are easy and inexpensive! I made an advent calendar this year too...and put a lot of the same activies in ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! Nice and simple, these days that is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a great idea! Here is the advent calendar that we are doing. It is pretty simple too but the boys look forward to it everyday.
    http://mybilingualboys.blogspot.com/2009/11/let-countdown-begin-almost.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I already have my advent done for this year, but next year it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I haven't seen this idea anywhere else and I've seen a ton of them! I did a twist on the advent calendar to count down the days to Christmas. Here is the link if you want to check it out! http://rhondas3boys.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-countdown-is-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that and it is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great I love it when thrifty ideas and creativity come together. Love how it turned out☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. First I have to say I love you header. The photo is so cute.
    Second I feel your pain with the advent calendar. I also spent days looking for the perfect idea, just to go to Walmart and find out they didn't have a lot of the items. But I love your calendar it is simple but like your family we love to be on the go so it would fit right in.
    Great idea, thanks for sharing and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute idea.. I love it. We just have the one and you get chocolate. Then my mom gave me one that has different things you add to it..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! I will have to save it for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete