Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Handmade Christmas!

I wanted to share with you all this great tutorial I found! It was my first sewing project and it turned out so great! My lovely model!
And me ....
Then I made this awsome pot holder, which needs no template really, I didnt use one. I cute a square, rounded the edges, and sewed on a pocket. Conviently the pock holds a "cookie in a bag" I put the ingredients to Chocolate Chip Walnut cookies in a ziplock bag, wrote a recipe card and stuck in into the pocket of the potholder!
Now doesn't this make a LOVELY Christmas gift? Whip out your sewing machines it won't take long! I am giving it to my Secret Santa ... she loves to bake & those are her favorite cookies!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I think Laneybug needs one for Christmas too! hahaha, Lyssy would probably like one too! Actually both my kids would LOVE paint smocks! hahaha I keep piling on the work for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a darling gift idea. I love it! How clever and fun!

    Thanks for linking up -- your blog is cute!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for trying my tutorial!! It looks fabulous and I ADORE the cupcake fabric (cute mini-model too)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a cute present and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! Love the fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that's your first sewing project! So cute. I have less than no sewing skills. And your blog header pic is beyond adorable.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm having a giveaway today. Come back and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!! I love this idea! You guys look so adorable in your aprons. What a wonderful gift. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great gift. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! I need a girl so I can make fun girly things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!
    I won a pair of stylish gloves to do the dishes that match...take a look http://createdbydiane.blogspot.com/2009/11/glamorous-gloves.html
    The same fabric :)

    ReplyDelete