Monday, December 28, 2009

Cheesecake Trifle

If you all read my blog, I bet you would have never guessed I bring the dessert to every function! *since of course that's the only food group my house seems to recognize LOL* Anyways I thought I would TEMPT you all with this LOVELY cheesecake trifle, I made specially for my step-dad on Christmas Day .. because one he is a lover of cheesecake, and two he don't like chocolate! Who doesn't like chocolate? Anyway lets just say I think the bowl was licked thats how CLEAN it was when I left!

Heres the Ingredients and How to's:
4 Cups strawberries *sliced*
4 to 5 tbsps sugar
2 pkgs cream cheese
1 3/4 cup milk
1 lg pkg instant jello pudding vanillia flavored
1 3/4 cup whipped topping
pound cake (I used entemans brand and about 1 and 1/2 loafs)

This amount of ingredients fills the entire bowl pictured above, if you want a smaller amount, adjust accordingly.
And to be ahead of the game you can go ahead and cut your pound cake into squares and set aside.

First thing mix the strawberries with sugar and put in fridge to allow juices in the strawberries to come out.
Then in a lg bowl put the cream cheese (I cut into blocks) and SLOWLY beat in milk, until no longer clumpy, then add jello, and beat about 3 mins, now FOLD in whipped topping.

In bowl layer pond cake, 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture, strawberries (with the juice), and repeat. At the top you can do strawberries like I did, or chocolate drizzled on would look pretty too.


I've link this up to Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays hop on over and find more great recipes!

10 comments:

  1. I made trifle for our Christmas meal. Its so great because you make it all ahead of time. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! You said the magic word Cheesecake you had me at go :). Thanks for a new recipe.

    Stopping by from TMTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trifles. I made a gingerbread trifle for Christmas. I plan on posting it, eventually. This one sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How yum is that? Totally going to try that for my New Year's party.

    Can't wait to see your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy and I LOVE the picture of your family on your header. Happy New Year and thanks for linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks to die for!! I LOVE cheesecakes!!

    Just stopping by via TMTT! Love it her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love trifle and cheesecake, so this is a perfect combination. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creations...always so gorgeous woman. Hope to see LOTS more this coming year. xoxo

    Karie

    ReplyDelete