Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday


This is my first attempt at TTT , jump on over to Blessed with Grace and join in on the fun, I did! I thought this would be great for me, because I love to cook! I found this recipe on http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/My-Kids-Favorite-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx I slighty changed it up to fit what my family eats, but I didnt change much! I love the name of it too!

Its the pork chops I am featuring here, they are delish and the marinade is soo yum.. so heres how its done.
My kid's favorite pork chops
you will need ..
4 pork chops
6 oz of beer, flavor of your choice, I used bud light (thats about a 1/2 bottle)
9 oz of bbq, again your choice bbq sauce, I used sonny's sweet BBQ
salt, pepper, and garlic (just enought to season your pork)
1 onion (sliced)

How to...
1) Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic, salt, and pepper, then brown meat on both sides. Take meat out of pan after browned.
2) Into skillet port beer and bbq sauce, stir together, place pork chops back in skillet, and add sliced onions to top. Simmer on low for 1 to 2 hours.
I served with mashed potatoes (and poured the pork chop juices over it) and sauteed brocoli, this was a great great meal, first time making it, and will def. do it again, hope you enjoy!
Also head over to Tasty Tuesday, find more great recipes.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had many great pork chop recipes but this looks like one I'd love. Thanks for sharing it at Tasty Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a GREAT marinade for pork chops. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet this is really good. I make pork chops with beer too when I make sauerkraut. It makes the chops really moist and tasty.
    My Tasty Tuesday is up too.

    ReplyDelete