Sunday, September 27, 2009

Simply Made Sunday- Kool-aid Playdough

I've been dying to make Kool-aid playdough with Lu. Either we don't have time or we find a "different" project to do! But today I had an excuse, I needed to make something for Simply Made Sunday and this was it!! :) Lu has been playing with it for an hour now, without a sound just diligently playing! YAY! Now I know what grabs her attention, I guess I will have to make a new batch weekly HAHA!
Heres the how to: Mix together 1 cup and 2 tbsp of flour
1/2 cup of salt
1 pkg any flavor klool-aid ... then stir in 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, and 1/2 cup of water.
Lu tried to stir with a spoon but that was too hard for her, so she mixed with her hands, which was just as good! It starts to form shape after a couple minutes, then we just kneaded it on a flour surface.
My little Lu is in all her playdough glory. She really enjoyed making it and playing with it for that matter! It was fun!


For more great recipes and food ideas click here

4 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to do this for the longest time. We made Kool Aid paint once and that was a lot of fun. It smells so good when it dries and it looks like watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about this recipe. I used to make it with my kids when I taught pre-k. I will have to do it with Wes. He would love it!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to make this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it smelled so good. What a fun idea.

    http://rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete