Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kids in The Kitchen Thursday-Banana Balls

I found the recipe for our post today on a "grandparenting" site. I didn't even know they had specific sites out there for grandparents to do activites with their grandchildren, I just really thought grandparents could do the same activites as parents? I don't know but the internet surprises me EVERYDAY! Here is the link to the recipe I used! This was a great recipe, It was quick, allowed me to use only 1 banana (which is what I had) and it allows you to use a ripe banana, I never know what to do with those left over ripe bananas I can make banana bread or muffins, but I usually only have 1 or 2 left that are "ripened" by the time everyone gets their hands on them. So here it is ...
Banana Balls
You'll need to peel one banana *in this picture Lu is making sounds with her mouth ... multitasking little girl, is entertaining J, the little boy I babysit on Weds., and cooking It was quite humorous* Place the banana in a bowl, and mash with a fork!
Throw in some nuts *we used walnuts, approximatley 2 handfuls, the more nuts, the thicker the consistancy of the mush will be*
Dash or 2 or 3 or 4 if you really want, of cinnimon *YUM* we like cinnimon in this house, and Lu was getting a little ahead of herself in this part!
Then roll the the mush into balls ... yes she was trying to roll and eat at once I told you shes multitasking!
This is what they should look like, one banana should get you 6 good sized banana balls. I froze them and that turned out well, when refridgerating them they are still a little mushy!
*Please grab my button and join in by adding your link to Mr. Linky, It could be anything from how you get your kids to eat thier veggies, to cooking with them, kid friendly recipes, or cookbooks, snack or lunch ideas ... anything thats related to kids and food! See you all again next Thursday*

6 comments:

  1. Those look really good...they would probably be really good dipped in some chocolate too, although less healthy that way :0) We used bananas for our Kids in the Kitchen too. I will have it up later today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Nice and simple. I think my little guy will prefer simple recipes. He likes doing things "all by myself"! I may have to borrow this recipe ;)

    Oh and it looks like bananas may be popular this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to guess you didn't eat these =) My kiddos would love them, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my boys would like these--we'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I have bananas on my grocery list, so we'll try making some of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made these recently. I thought they would be really good dipped in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete