Saturday, December 19, 2009

Handmade Ornaments

I saw this cute tutorial over at No Time for Flash Cards and thought Lu and I would give it a wirl, and I am so glad we did! The ornaments we made turned out super (pictured above) I LOVE handmade ornaments and I really love to adorn my tree with a new one (or two) every year! This project was so simple, and so easy I bet you have all the supplies you need right in your craft closet, so go grab them (and your kids too) and give it a try!
This salad spinner is the best $3 bucks I've spent in a long time (so glad I didn't use it for its intended purpose haha) I used paper plates (you could also go for card stock), traced different holiday itemes with a cookie cutte ie: snowflakes, candy canes, christmas trees. Cut the plate so it'd fit inside the spinner, dabbed on some paint ...
And she spun and spun .. this picture wasn't so great but she did have a blast *this was when she first started to get the hang of it*
Then we punched a single hole at the top and tied ribbon through it! Cute huh? I love the way they turned out!
I think tomorrow we are gonna make salt dough ornaments ... Oh how I love the Christmas Spirit!!!


3 comments:

  1. I don't have a salad spinner! I want one! But not to spin salads... just for art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried this. Very cute! Definitely need to buy a salad spinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look amazing.. Way to go girls..

    ReplyDelete