Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen Garlic Knots


Welcome to Kids In The Kitchen ... Guess what?? I finally got Mr. Linky WOOHOO! Thank you to my bloggy friend over at I Blame my Mother, she walked me through it! I stayed up for hours last night and could not figure how to get that Mr. Linky up, but now its here!!!

Here we go, On with the topic at hand, Kids in the Kitchen, Garlic Knots *YUMMY*

here are the ingredients: a ball of dough (the recipe calls for o1 10 oz refrigerated pizza crust dough) but the local pizzera sells a ball of dough for a buck, can't beat that, also 1/3 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons minced garlic, 5 tablespoons parm cheese, 3 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon salt
*Most of the stuff will be in your pantry anyways!! Its primarily all spices and such*
-Preheat oven to 450 degrees-


Roll out the dough, Lu's favorite part.

we used a pizza slicer to cut strips, I thought it would be easiest for Lu. After you cut the strips, tie them into knots and stick in preheated oven, until golden brown.

While in the oven, you'll need to mix all the ingredients together ... garlic, salt

parm cheese, I love this pic, I was snapping while pouring cheese, I may have poured more into the bowl than on Lu's spoon LOL

next throw in the parsley, Lu saw no need to measure for this one, so she poured a little in the cap and then to the bowl *hey I let her experiment*

Then in goes the oil, I htought 1/3 cup was TOO much, makes the garlic and all not stick as well, so next time I will put in half of that,

I was wrong, this was her fav part, as soon as the knots come out of the oven, throw a few in the bowl, and shake shake shake, this was fun we all got in on the action.
and this time I had my big kid in the kitchen too!!!
Serve with Speghetti, and MMM MMM they are delish, first time we made them, and they were better than the frozen garlic breads or bread sticks, probably cheaper too, everything was on hand excpet for the dough which was just a buck. Lu gobbled them up, she asked if she could make them again tomorrow!
I've gotten a few comments and or emails that say Lu only makes dessert, which is PARTLY true, thats how it all started with the desserts, something she could make mostly on her own, she does help me with dinner, but it is hard to snapp pictures when my hands are engolfed in meat, or when I am helping her mostly with it, so thats why I wanted to change it up a bit this week, and besides it helps me learn what she can make, its so cool to watch her in the kitchen, non the less we did also make homemade brownies last night, because Joshy ALWAYS has a sweet tooth ... I think Lu will help me with a dessert every week because of the sweet teeth in my house :)

Please link your Kids in The Kitchen post to Mr. Linky!




5 comments:

  1. These look great! I always eat too many at our fave restraunt that makes these. I could finish off an entire batch at home! My post will be up later - we are actually doing it this moring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do like yummy! Looks like mr linky is working now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh do those garlic knots look dangerously delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try them soon! Just posted to Mr Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try that. And there's nothing wrong with making desserts every week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look yummy! We are on the last few days of vacation, so we are sitting out this week. We'll join in again next week!

    ReplyDelete