Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kids in The Kitchen- Muddy Buddies


YAY!!! I made it, I am later than usual on my KITK post, but lets just say its a miracle I am posting LOL! I am sure everyone could tell I am behind in my blogging adventures lately *and to all the kind folks that are doing the letter exchange, we have come to a screaching hault, but will start again soon! I am so sorry!* On the upside of things my wedding is TOMORRROW!!!!! and such is why I have been so BUSY! I am nearly done with my crazy antics, stressed out ways, and preperation .... GOOD LORD what would I have done if it were a big wedding! Thank goodness God gave me enough sense not to do a BIG one!! Today I am packing and resting, oh the joys of the day almost being here, I will soon be lounging on the beach for my HONEYMOON!
And yes this week we did something totally easy, and this has been on serveral Kids in the Kitchen links so we stole the idea from a few of our wonderful friends that participate with us on KITK! We made MUDDY BUDDIES and YUM are they good!!!
You'll need:
4 1/2 cups of corn chex cereal (I used store brand)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup pnut butter
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Measure out the cereal *notice how much is actually making it into the measuring cup* put cereal in a big bowl and set aside!
Place the chocolate chips and pnut butter in bowl *my lovely Lu kept sneaking the pnut butter so I don't know how much actually made it into the mixture LOL* See that grin!
Microwave the choc/pnut butter mixture for 1min, and stir, then pop it back in microwave for 30 more seconds ... stir until smooth
pour the choc mixture into the cereal, and coat EVENLY!
I took the cereal put it into a ziploc bag, poured the powdered sugar into the bag
and shook shook shook!!!
Its kinda nice to go grab a handful here and there, they are sweet and yummy, just the right mixture for a sweet tooth!
Thanks for participating in Kids in the Kitchen, please link up to Mr. Linky ... And remember anything related to Kids and Kitchens can be included! Kid friendly recipes/cookbooks, cooking with the kids, how you get your children to eat their veggies, or how you get your kid to help in the Kitchen



7 comments:

  1. Mmmm...these are so yummy! And what a great snack for all of you guys to have on the road! Double duty snack. See, you're always thinking =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!

    Good luck tomorrow, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!! Congratualations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon! You must be so excited!!! Best wishes to you! (((hugs)))

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes!! Muddy Buddies!! Aren't they great? It looked like your daughter had so much fun helping make this yummy snack. I hope to link up to KITK someday soon with a little goodie of our own. My daughter loves helping in the kitchen. How fun!!

    Congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, I am sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question about the felt tictactoe pouch. I used scissors to snip the openings. I folded the felt and snipped a tiny opening . Hope this means your going to try and make one...it was so easy!

    ReplyDelete