Monday, October 26, 2009

No-Sew Halloween Tote

I am slowly getting into the Halloween spirit. Infact this weekend Lu and I made several "crafts" for Halloween decorations! Now I just have to catch up on my posting!

Every year we see those plastic pumkin buckets for a buck and if you want a cuter bag with a "super hero" on it your paying several bucks. I thought it would be nice to have a bag Lu could keep year after year!So I made this SUPER CUTE NO SEW tote bag! Doesn't she wear it so well??
And it can fit tons of candy inside! It cost $2 bucks, I bought 2 bandanas at walmart $1 a piece!
I cut along the boarder (where there is writing) making sure to make just one cut so it is a LONG strip. I put the 2 bandanas together and cut 2 inch strips around 2 sides, then all I did was tie them in double knots. For the strap I took all the long boarder pieces cut them in half (which leaves you with 4 pretty long strips) then I tied them together with a knot effect.

Isn't it so cute? If you make it comment and show me yours!

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome idea. She looks adorable and very proud to be carrying such a cool treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. It will be great for treats but super cute for after Halloween as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic idea. It does look great on her.

    ReplyDelete