Friday, September 4, 2009

Breakfast Parfaits

I don't know about all you guys out there, but I think coming up with a creative breakfast in the mornings before school is almost just as challenging as lunch and snack ideas! My kiddo doesn't like to eat cereal every morning, now granted she does love cereal but I think she gets bored with it! Maybe I don't buy the cool cereal? I don't really know! Since school has started we've done scrambled eggs, cheese toast, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and even MTM to make it fun! I really believe that if you start your child's day off GREAT the rest of the day will follow suit, and taking time to fix and eat breakfast is a good start to any morning. This morning I sat out blueberries, strawberries, yougart, and corn flakes (we didn't have granola) And she just went for it, making her masterpiece.
Doesn't it look yummy!?

She gets prouder everytime she accomplishes making something on her own! And what a nice breakfast too!
For more Kid Friendly posts click here and here

7 comments:

  1. That does look yummy!! I was just thinking about needing some different breakfast ideas too. I feel like we eat the same thing all the time! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I need for my yogurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. We always have the same thing. We are going to try this...it looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for Laneybug to create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea....Love your blog header...Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed your blog.
    Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week.
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love yogurt parfaits too. I don't know if your kids like nuts but sometimes we just crush nuts and sprinkle them on top. I love to do that with almonds. Super yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy is right. What kid (or adult) would not love that?

    ReplyDelete