Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bird Mobile

One day I will learn to take pictures like the rest of the bloggy world, but for now these will work. However I must say this bird mobile looks SOOOO MUCH cuter in person!!!
I *gasp* when in Babies R Us and I saw the prices of mobiles ... oh my!! So I made my own for about $5 bucks! Getting my inspiration here but making it a tad different!

Don't you just Love it??
Again bear with the pictures, but here is a better close up of one of the tiers. so cute!! I think its fun and whimsicle!

This is what you need to make it:
1 small embriodery hoop
1 large embriodery hoop
paints
scrap book paper
ribbon
fishing wire

I took the hardware off both embriodery hoops (making 4 hoops when taken apart) be careful not to split the wood of the hoops when taking off the har ware, then I painted them several times each and let dry. In the meantime I just free-handed the bird onto scrapbooking paper and cut out, when hoops were dry I hole punched the bird, put a ribbon through, and hung it onto the hoop *I hot glued the ribbon into place* I then tied the hoops together with ribbon, and hung from ceiling with an eye hook and some fishing wire.

Go On Go make your own now! You know its too cute to pass up!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable and so easy to do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site, I am a new follower! Oh and thanks for entering my giveaway! I am so excited to see who wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I did a Kids in the Kitchen today...not expecting that you are back into it, but just because I needed to start doing it again. Thought of you :) Glad you are well!

    ReplyDelete