Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tierney's First Handmade Outfit!

Have you ever noticed there are no Halloween costumes that will fit a 2 week old? HA! Yes it's true. So then what do you do if your sewing skills are not quite good enough to make a costume and your local fabric store had run out of Halloween fabric? *Yes the very small Joann Fabric, only fabric store within a half hours drive is OUT of Halloween fabric*
 Well....you compromise of course, and you make a Florida Gator's outfit, and send her to the Halloween party as a "Gator Fan" and you are sure to have one HAPPY Daddy, because of course he ADORES the gators! *even though they are playing miserably this year*
You can find the skirt tutorial here, I love this blog! Have you ever visited it? Talented girl, that has my style of crafting!
Then of course the onesie, just cut a simple heart and sewed it right on, easy peasy!
The bow tie/hairbow was simple too! I sorta kinda followed this tutorial I basically halfed her measurments, because if I would have made it regular size then you wouldn't be able to see Tierney's head LOL!
PROUD PAPA!!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE how it came out! That Daddy and baby picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sherry, she is so beautiful and that outfit is precious. I love the picture of her with Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment. I had planned on doing a tutorial for the skirt, but I can do one for the leggings as well. I should get them up fairly soon. I love the Halloween idea!

    ReplyDelete